Monday 7 January 2013

Children's coat stand.


Mr 3 1/2 is starting school this year and I was looking for a way to store his hat and school bag in his room rather then it hanging around in the kitchen or hallway. I had previously bought a coat stand from a large department store but it turned out it didn't have the sturdiness needed for toddlers who think that everything in their room can be used as a toy. It was wooden and light and just wasn't suitable. Lucky it was cheap so I didn't waste a lot of money.

A weekend trip to Ikea www.ikea.com I came across exactly what I was looking for. This Krokig Clothes stand is colourful and is cleverly designed. It is mostly made out of of steel with plastic hooks. The base is quite heavy so shouldn't tip to easily. The whole stand weighs 7.5kg and I think most of that would be in the base. It was easy to assemble. The hooks are adjustable, simply arrange the hooks and tighten the top knob to keep in place.

http://www.ikea.com/aa/en/catalog/products/40174507/

KROKIG Clothes stand IKEA

No comments:

Post a Comment